Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mission letter to Mexico- Tell me what you think


Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

  Since I was about 14, I have been going on mission trips. My desire to go on these trips has ultimately come from the Lord working in my heart, but also from Him putting people in my life, teaching me about missions. When I was in 3rd grade I went to a class at my Church on Wednesday nights, were we would learn about the life stories of many missionaries God used in a very powerful way. I want God to use me in the same way, but I need the prayers and support of fellow believers for God to use me. 

My first mission trip was when a group of 6th and 7th graders from my church were taken up to Maine, to help a church. We passed out fliers for the Church. I could not believe the degree that the Lord ministered to me during this trip. Just a few years later, I went with a lot of the same people to Saltillo, Mexico, for the first time. There I helped paint, put in fans, pass out fliers for the church, and many other things. This touched my heart, but it was not until last year that I actually went back again. This time it was a whole lot more moving experience, partly to me being a much more mature individual. I understood a lot more of the things that were going on around me. I worked harder, and I also found a very strong connection with many of the Mexicans.

I related to many of the youth in Saltillo, Mexico, in one very strong way. This way was soccer. I have loved soccer since a very young age, and I feel God leading me to use this as a mission tool wherever I go. God has given me this great gift, and I know that He wants me to use this tool to the best of my ability. In Mexico this tool is like a high powered magnet, because soccer in Mexico is what many live for, it is on everything, all the cereal boxes, walls, and even the bread bags. I could not believe how popular it was there the first time I went. I can tell these people that relate to me that there is something more important than soccer, it is God. They listen to me, because they respect me in the game. 

I will be going to Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico from June 13th until August 14th. Saltillo is 56 miles west of Monterrey and 248 miles south of Texas. While there, I will be staying at the house of Pastor Poston and other church members. I am going down to let God use me to spread His kingdom. I will be doing that by helping Pastor Steve Poston at Iglesia Bautista de la Capital (Capital Baptist Church), ministering to the youth, encouraging them in their walk with the Lord (praying and reading The Word), passing out tracts, going on visitation, going out with some other missionaries (american and mexican) to experience their ministries on occasion, going to some ranch ministries, starting a puppet ministry at the church, and using soccer. 

As it has been said, the gospel is free, but the plumbing is expensive. I will need to rase $2,000 dollars for all of the necessities and things that I would like to bring to minister to the people in Saltillo. As a brother in Christ, I am asking for your support and prayer, so that I might better let Him use me in spreading His gospel. 


Your brother in Christ, 


Kyle Murphy


My information is:

e-mail: k.murphy17@hotmail.com


4 comments:

  1. I like how you put your personal experience in your letter, that is important. I think it would be helpful to add a bit more about what kind of work you do to help the people there. I think the soccer is a great tool to reach the people there. The most important thing before you give it out is to check your grammar and spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good! I like the picture, did you take it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO kyle is going back to Mexico! And I presume Michael is heading to China? What will your mom do without you guys?

    ReplyDelete