Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Real Work-Out

There is nothing like the work-out of chopping wood. That is exactly what I have been doing for the last hour and a half. It all started last winter when my family decided that it was too expensive to have gas powered heat in the house. At first we just slept with more blankets at night, but soon we realized we needed more. Soon we started transporting wood to the house, and usually cutting it up into smaller pieces to fit into the fireplace. Just recently my dad found a whole tree cut down on the side of the road, all in cylindrical pieces, so he loaded them into his truck and drove them to our back yard. When I got home, he told me that I had to cut them all up into pieces, so that next winter we can put them in our fireplace, to avoid freezing to death. He said that I must have it all done by the time I leave for Saltillo, Mexico, which is on June 13th. I do have a little under two months, but when you are busy as I am, that is not that much time. When I was done, I was soaking wet in sweat, and I felt like I had done a full-body work-out. I recommend it to lose wait and to save money. I think this is a great fix for a lot of problems (financial and physical). Although this fix can not come close to the fix'n you get when you become a Christian, it is still great. 

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try that sometime...chopping wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of a natural workout. Though I think I might throw my shoulder out of socket or chop off someones head (neither of which would be pretty).

    ReplyDelete